Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Wobber

We're in Costa Rica. But you wouldn't have guessed it from this blog. I do have one very good excuse though- we got robbed. In the dead of night, someone crept into our house and explored each room for valuables, before noisily opening our bedroom door and stealing my beloved rucksack. Luckily our bedroom door scrapes on the floor in a way similar to scraping fingernails down a blackboard, so I woke up thinking it was Becky going to the loo, only to discover in a deep slumber that she was still lying next to me fast asleep. After a few hazy moments of particularly slow thinking I got up, thinking something was up and scared the guy off. How sexist to assume its was a guy. By the time I made it to the slightly ajar front door, the thief must have run off deep into the jungle. Just as well really, as I was scared shitless yet still shouting obscenities at nearby trees. Hope they didn't take it personally.

So, armed with a broom and frying pan (seriously) Becky and I scanned the area before attempting to warn neighbours that there was someone creeping about.

So the thief made off with my lovely rucksack, blue waterbottle, black notepad, security lock (ironic?), ipod cable, wallet with newly sent credit card and money, and most importantly... my notepad with 4 blog entries fully written up. It was almost as if the thief had read my blog entry on 'The top 5 things in my backpack' and targeted my most loved of posessions!

As a consequence, I have been unable to force myself to remember and rewrite these entries. Until now. So bear with me, I am about 3 months behind, but am slowly catching up with myself again. I'm 30, my memory isn't quite as good as it used to be.

Check back soon for new but very old rewritten blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment